Dr. CHANDRAKANT KOKATE. M.Pharm, Ph.D , FGAES
KLE DEEMED UNIVERSITY
(Accreditated "A" by NAAC & Placed in Category "A" by MHRD)
J.N.Medical College, Campus, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi-590010,
Karnataka State, INDIA
Ph.No.(O) +91-831-2493740,2444444, (R)+91-831-2474732
Mobile: +91 94480-72777 Fax: +91-831-2493777
- Date of Birth: 15th August 1947 (At Bhainsa, Dist. Adilabad, Telangana)
ACADEMIC PROFILE :-
- H.Sc. – 1962 , HSC Board, Hyderabad (First Division)
- B.Pharm – 1967, Nagpur University, Nagpur (First Division)
- M.Pharm – 1969, University of Saugar, Sagar (M.P.) First in First (Awarded Gold Medal)
- Ph.D. (Pharm. Sciences) – 1972 By Thesis, University of Saugar, Sagar (M.P.)
- Post Doctoral Research – 1977-78 at Bundesanstalt Fuer Fett Forschung, Muenster, Germany.
- Visiting Scientist in Germany (1986) on invitation by DAAD.
- Vice President, Association of Indian Universities (AIU), 2016-17.
- Former Vice–Chancellor, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Telangana. (2001-2004)
- President, Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) (1998-2003) and
- Former Vice-President and Acting President, PCI (1993-1998)
- Former President, 50th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress along with Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Association (FAPA) at Mumbai (1998) A postal stamp was issued by Govt. of India and released by me as President IPC to commemorate its Golden Jubilee.
- Former National President, Indian Pharmaceutical Association (2000-02).
- Ex-Chairman, All Indian Board of Pharmacy (1998 – 2003 and 2006- 2009)
- Served as Executive Committee Member of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi (1998-2003)Chairman, Expert
- Nominated as Chairman, Pharmacy Accreditation Committee of National Board of Accreditation (NBA), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, 2014.
- Served as the Member of Search Committee / Advisor for the selection of top-most senior national positions in pharmacy, constituted by the UPSC / Central Government.
- Governing Council Member, Association of Indian Universities (AIU), based on seniority amongst Vice-Chancellors representing South Zone for the years 2014-16. of the Committee of National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for development of Self Assessment Report and Evaluation Guidelines for Pharmacy institutions in the Country, 2015.
- Nominated by AIU on the Court of Indian Institute of Science, (IISc) Bangalore for 2014-17.
- Invited to act as CHAIRMAN for the scientific session addressed by Nobel Laureate Prof. Dr. Harald Zur Hausen at International Conference organized by LINCOLN UNIVERSITY, Malaysia in August, 2014.
- Invited as Chief Guest to deliver Convocation Address at Twelfth Convocation of B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences University, Nepal in February 2016, Presided over by Hon’ble Prime Minister and Chancellor of BPKIHS Shri Khadga Prasad Oli.